Frequently asked Questions on Lean Six Sigma Certifications
- How Lean Six Sigma Certification benefits the careers of individuals and professionals?
As working professionals everyone wants to be recognised as proficient to lead and implement improvement to drive change. Six Sigma is one of the best certifications that enhance professional’s capabilities to deal with uncertainty, use data and analytics to drive improvement. Six Sigma certified professionals globally earn about 15 – 20% higher compensation than their counterparts who are not certified. Certified Six Sigma personnel can expect a higher role with added complexity and business challenges to perform even better and look forward to accelerated career growth.
- Key reasons to be Lean Six Sigma Certified
The first good reason to be certified on Six Sigma is to earn a higher compensation and enhance one’s market value. Six Sigma certified professionals are sought after globally as they are seen to possess data analytics and business knowledge skills that can be effectively used to overcome operational and strategic business challenges. They are considered adept to deal with client requirement volatility, uncertain business scenarios, complex customer requirements and ambiguity (VUCA).
- Difference between six sigma green belt and black belt certification
For managers in operations who have a day job to who handle line functions with teams reporting to them, a Green Belt certification is most preferred. Normally, the nature of the leaders’ role best determines the appropriate level of Lean Six Sigma certification. For professionals who have a full time role and responsibility to drive operational excellence or have a responsibility to drive change across a large team a Black Belt certification is preferred. By design a Six Sigma program execution model has a Master Black Belt (Guru) who has Black Belts reporting to him/her. Green Belts work under the guidance of Black Belts to implement improvements.
Related Article– How does six sigma Green belt certification help professionals?
- What are the requirements for six sigma certification?
The generic pre-requisites for any professional to earn a Six Sigma Certification typically are completion of a structured Training by certified and qualified Leaders, completion of Six Sigma Project(s) and to pass an exam which assesses their BOK and application ability /skill.
Related Article– How much does it cost for six sigma certifications in Bangalore?
- What is the use of six sigma yellow belt certification?
Yellow Belt certification is awarded to professionals who are line knowledge workers and talents that get billed for tasks that carry out every single day. To implement any change it is important to get the buy in from the practitioners and a Yellow Belt certification eases the effort by Team leaders to drive this changed behaviour.
- What is the use of six sigma Green belt certification?
Six Sigma Green Belt certification is awarded to professionals who lead a small team of line knowledge workers. To implement any improvement it is important to understand the larger organization needs and then to guide a team. A Green Belt certification helps department heads or Functional Leaders to drive change in smaller teams.
- How ASQ certification differs from other certification bodies etc.
- The American Society for Quality (ASQ) a global body of Quality professionals, with more than 150 years of history offers several quality certifications in various professions in the fields of manufacturing, Healthcare, Product Design, Reliability, Software development, Supply Chain, Pharmaceuticals etc.
- ASQs curriculum BOK is well designed and the assessment (exam) is based on “Blooms Taxonomy of Cognition” a scientific way to measure an individual’s knowledge about various tools and their effective application, analysis to deal with practical business challenges.
- The Body of knowledge -BOK and question papers for the exam are continuously upgraded by constantly getting inputs from senior and experienced members of ASQ who are veteran quality professionals with vast and decades of working experience.
- ASQ floats salary surveys among different groups each year. It is an established fact that ASQ certified professionals draws on an average of 15-20% higher CTC when compared to professionals without ASQ certification.
- ASQ certification is recognized worldwide and hence this is also one of the most sought after by professionals.
Seven Steps Academy of Excellence provides training services in the field of Lean manufacturing, Lean Services, Lean Hospitality, Lean hospitals, Lean Supply Chain, Lean warehousing, Lean retain. As part of this, tools and methodologies for training includes Applied 5S, Lean Experiential Learning programmes, TPM Training, Six Sigma Green Belt and black belt training, Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt, green belt and black belt, Kanban supermarket. Apart from this, Campus to corporate programmes in precision engineering is also offered to aspiring engineering and diploma graduates through focussed skill development programme.
Through their group company – Seven Steps Business Transformation Systems, we also offer consulting services. We have consultants specialised in various methodologies and has worked as Lean consultants, Lean Six Sigma Consultants, TPM Consultants, 5S consultants, Lean layout consultants. We operate all over India and having branches in Bangalore, Chennai, Mysore, Hosur, Pune and have customer base in Delhi, Calcutta, Gurugram, Neemrana, Pant Nagar, Nashik, Pune, Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Vijayanagaram