Many organisations start with a great vigour in implementing TPM for greater benefits to the organisations. However, very few organisations succeed in realizing full potential and within the reasonably accepted time lines. Some of the organisations implement all the pillars of TPM but will not sustain.
Common issues faced is while launching the TPM programme in most of the organisations, the benefits are always recorded and communicated one sided. ie. What is it for the organisation when they implement.
Common benefits listed are:
However, the critical part which is not addressed is about What is in it for me (WIIFM) if I support TPM… This is the question from front line or operator’s point of view.
Implementing Autonomous maintenance is very essential and a company gets multi skilled operators who not only operate the machine but also maintain their own machine. However, by implementing Autonomous Maintenance, “what is in it for me for operator” is not addressed by the organisation. Some organisations may have the inputs but it is not effectively communicated and consensus is not there resulting in semi-partial involvement of front line.
Traditional companies who are not into the Total Productive maintenance program has the following characteristics,
Key advantages of implementation of Autonomous maintenance in an organization are:
Autonomous maintenance helps in
What is in it for me for operators are:
The following Trainings related to Total Productive maintenance helps organisations in effective implementation of the programme:
- Autonomous maintenance training for front line members
- Autonomous maintenance for Quality team members.
- Autonomous maintenance for Engineering team members.
- Autonomous maintenance for office staff.
- Focussed equipment improvement for the TPM team members.
- Maintenance planning and management for Engineering and technical team members.
- Planned maintenance for management team members.
- Implementing Know your Equipment
- Critical Spares management for TPM implementation.
- Predictive maintenance and condition based maintenance for TPM implementation.
- Reliability Engineering for TPM implementation.
- 5s training for operators and managers
- Kaizen training for front line
Seven Steps Academy of Excellence offers customized organisation specific training programme in Total Productive Maintenance. These programmes are offered both as inhouse programme or public programmes.
Apart from training on Total productive maintenance, we also offer
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt training
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training
- 5s auditor training programme
- Lean professional training
- Certified precision Manufacturing engineer
- Lean logistics and supply chain
- 5s for banking
- 5s for hospitals
- 5s and Lean in construction management
- Lean layout training
- Kanban and supermarket training
Related Article– Implementation of Applied 5S in Service Organisations
Seven Steps Academy of Excellence provides training services in the field of Lean manufacturing, Lean Services, Lean Hospitality, Lean hospitals, Lean Supply Chain, Lean warehousing, Lean retain. As part of this, tools and methodologies for training includes Applied 5S, Lean Experiential Learning programmes, TPM Training, Six Sigma Green Belt and black belt training, Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt, green belt and black belt, Kanban supermarket. Apart from this, Campus to corporate programmes in precision engineering is also offered to aspiring engineering and diploma graduates through focussed skill development programme.
Through their group company – Seven Steps Business Transformation Systems, we also offer consulting services. We have consultants specialised in various methodologies and has worked as Lean consultants, Lean Six Sigma Consultants, TPM Consultants, 5S consultants, Lean layout consultants. We operate all over India and having branches in Bangalore, Chennai, Mysore, Hosur, Pune and have customer base in Delhi, Calcutta, Gurugram, Neemrana, Pant Nagar, Nashik, Pune, Hyderabad, Vishakapatnam, Vijayanagaram